FIVE TIPS To Keep Your Skin Glowing
Are you experiencing dry, dull skin due to the recent colder weather?
Here are FIVE TIPS to keep your skin #glowing in the winter.
- Stay moisturized. Make sure you choose a good moisturizer and apply twice a day. ️#ProTip: Apply your moisturizer immediately after washing your face. Damp skin better absorbs the moisture and locks it in for a longer time.
- Drink plenty of water. Remember, you need to also hydrate from the inside out! Internal hydration is just as important as external.
- Protect your skin. Even though the temperature may be colder outside, the winter sun can be just as damaging. Wear sun protection DAILY. I recommend safe options, such as Zinc Oxide or Titanium Dioxide. My favorite: @EltaMDskincare Tinted Sunscreen SPF 40.
- #Exfoliate: To really achieve glowing skin we need to slough away the dead layers of skin! My favorite in-office treatments for exfoliation are chemical peels and dermaplaning treatments.
- #Collagen is one of the largest factors for keeping your skin healthy. You can increase collagen production with treatments, such as Lasers, IPL, and Microneedling, and now is a great time for these treatments because it is easier to avoid the sun during these months.